Silicone Scar Sheets Reusable Patches
Silicone scar sheets offer an effect that no other bandages can. They can influence the how scars heal until they fade away. The Silicone Scar Sheets Reusable Patches are excellent replacements to your common bandaids.
Prevents Hypertrophic Scarring
Scars may heal, but they sometimes leave ugly marks on the skin. They potentially may become hypertrophic scars, the type of scarring that raises the skin surface once it experiences trauma. It is an abnormal skin response to injury that happens to anyone no matter how big or small the scars are. If you’re the type who is conscious about getting scars, this may be a perfect fit for you. Studies have shown that silicone sheets applied to injuries have significant effects on the skins improvement in color, texture, thickness, and elasticity. It may also prevent the development of keloids, raised scars that can grow larger than the original injury. Although it is not a new technology, silicone gel sheeting or SGS, what was once exclusive to medical professionals is no available to the masses.
How To Use The Silicone Scar Sheets
1) Tear and open the aluminum bag at the top.
2) Cut the silicone sheets following the size or sizes of the scar. Be sure it will cover the injury altogether.
3) Peel back the plastic film off the silicone sheet and place the sticky side on top of the scar. Please note that the layer may prevent freedom of movement if it’s close to the joints.
4) To make it adapt to your skin, use from 4 to 8 hours of usage daily then gradually increase to 24 hours.
5) Replace the patches once you notice that the viscosity of the patch has decreased.
6) You may continue to use the patches for up to 2 months. However, severe scars may need it longer for up to 6 months.
1) If an allergic reaction develops, stop using these silicone patches.
2) Make sure to clean the injury first before applying, or else risk an infection.
3) The silicone patches are reusable. You can wet and dry the surface. Simply replace once the viscosity is gone.
It is recommended that Gel Scar Therapy Patch be changed once a month.